Salata Institute Student Organization Funding Program
Student Hub – Funding
Student Organization Funding Program
The Salata Institute’s Student Organization Funding Program will support student organizations across Harvard University that jointly undertake climate-focused initiatives. The purpose of the Program is to encourage student groups with a shared interest in climate change, to collaborate in organizing programs, projects, and events that enrich student learning and contribute to the University’s efforts to meet the global climate challenge.
The Salata Institute, in consultation with a faculty selection committee, will make funding decisions based on the following criteria.
- The proposed initiative involves two or more established student clubs or organizations at Harvard University.
- The extent to which the proposed initiative forges new connections among students or strengthens existing ones.
- The proposed initiative’s contribution to the Salata Institute’s efforts to strengthen research, education, and public engagement on climate change and related environmental issues.
Fall 2023 – Application Instructions
Please submit your team’s completed application by the deadline of Friday April 14th, 2023, at 11:59 PM. The application comprises the following sections:
- Organization Information: Names of participating student organizations or groups.
- Contact Information: Student applicants’ names, organization titles, schools, and emails
- Project Description: A 500-word description of the proposed project or initiative
- Project Responsibilities: A 200-word paragraph describing project responsibilities
- Budget Form: funding request must not exceed $2,000.00 USD
The following templates can be accessed through the Application Portal, and should be used to complete sections 3 –5.
- Project Description template
- Project Responsibilities template
- Budget Form template
To submit your application, please enter the requested information for each required section and upload the completed templates in PDF format, using this Application Portal.
A faculty panel will review the applications and make funding decisions in June of 2023.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.