Salata Institute Student Organization Funding Program
The Salata Institute, in consultation with a faculty selection committee, will make funding decisions based on the following criteria.
- The proposed initiative involves two or more established student clubs or organizations at Harvard University.
- The extent to which the proposed initiative forges new connections among students or strengthens existing ones.
- The proposed initiative’s contribution to the Salata Institute’s efforts to strengthen research, education, and public engagement on climate change and related environmental issues.
- Participation from 2 or more university-recognized student groups or organizations.
- A proposal for a collaborative climate, sustainability, and/or environmental-related project.
- Project groups must submit periodic updates when prompted by the Salata Institute.
- Upon completion, project groups must submit a 1-page final report and 2-3 high-quality photos for the Institute’s use in communication and editorial materials.
- Project groups must adhere to all Funding Restrictions.
The Salata Institute, in consultation with a faculty selection committee, will make funding decisions based on the following criteria:
- Collaboration: The extent to which the project allows for meaningful and productive collaboration among two or more student organizations.
- Connections: The extent to which the proposed initiative forges new connections among students or strengthens existing ones.
- Impact: The degree to which the proposed initiative contributes to the Salata Institute’s efforts to strengthen research, education, and public engagement on climate change and related environmental issues.
- Application Opens: January 22, 2024
- Application Deadline: February 9, 2024 (11:59 PM)
The application comprises the following sections:
- Organization Information: Names of participating student organizations or groups.
- Contact Information: Student applicants’ names, organization titles, schools, and emails.
- Project Details: Project title and disclosure of additional funding sources
- Project Description: A 650-word description of the proposed project or initiative
- Project Responsibilities: A 200-word paragraph describing project responsibilities
- Budget Form: Please review Funding Restrictions
- Funding Request: Funding request must not exceed $2,000.00 USD
Required Documents – Templates
Please upload your completed templates in PDF format.
A faculty panel will review the applications and make funding decisions.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2024 (11:59 PM)
Program Funding Restrictions
Program funds cannot be used for the following:
- To pay for Harvard student time.
- For the purchase of gift cards.
- For individual student travel.
- To fund projects that result in direct individual or personal gain.
- To fund entrepreneurial activities, including business start-up costs, etc.
Examples of allowable funding expenses include:
- Food and catering costs
- Speaker honorariums
- Group travel costs
- Project materials and supplies
- Approved project tools
Final budgets are approved by the Salata Institute as part of the application process. The Salata Institute reserves the right to request revisions to the proposed budget to fit within the scope of allowable expenses. All applicable Harvard University financial policies and respective School financial policies must be followed.
Questions? Contact email@example.com