Coming Soon: Salata Institute Student Advisory Council
The Salata Institute Student Advisory Council advises the Institute on its education-related initiatives. The purpose of these initiatives is to ensure that Harvard education prepares students for leadership in confronting the climate and related environmental challenges of today and in the future. The initiatives include both curricular and co-curricular programs.
Appointment term: 1 academic year (2023 – 2024)
Time commitment: 10 hours (minimum) per semester
Student Advisory Council members will convene at least once per semester to learn about the Salata Institute’s new initiatives and to provide feedback. The convenings will also allow Council members to recommend new student engagement initiatives, as well as inform one another about climate- and sustainability-related activities taking place across Harvard University. Additionally, the Salata Institute may call upon Student Council members to advise the Institute, or to participate in its activities, or to volunteer at its events, throughout the academic year.
- Attend one council convening each semester.
- Serve as liaisons to their peers, sharing information about the Institute’s activities.
- Volunteer at the Harvard Climate Symposium.
- Participate in a Student Advisory Council social media takeover or guest blog once a semester.
- Applicants must be registered undergraduate or graduate students at Harvard University.
- Applicants must be on campus for the Fall of 2023 and Spring of 2024.
- All applicants must attend one of three Zoom info sessions prior to applying. Informational sessions were held on September 11, 12, and 13 from 4:30 – 5:00 PM. If you were unable to attend, please contact email@example.com.
Applications Open: Thursday, September 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Friday September 22, 2023
The Salata Institute Student Advisory Council will be announced on September 29, 2023.